Rajni Davda (Blue)
Name: Rajni Davda (Blue)
Show: Gujarati Sabras
Time: Thursday and Friday 8-9pm
The Serious Qs!
- How did you start your radio career?
Oh! Way back in 1993 a group of us applied for an ‘RSL’ – Restricted Service Licence to do a special 28-day radio broadcast to celebrate the auspicious occasion of Diwali. This exercise gave an opportunity to a lot of people to become radio presenters. This ‘RSL’ was called ‘Festival FM’. The same exercise was repeated in the year 1994. This time it was called ‘Rhythm FM’. Both these ‘RSL’s’ opened new opportunities to many of us. It was on the 7th of September 1995 that Sabras Radio hit the airwaves of the East Midlands and since then I’ve been a part of it.
- What can listeners expect from your radio show?
Mine is a magazine show – so besides music, the listeners can expect short interviews, a news bulletin in Gujarati language including related features.;
- What’s the one thing that drives you in making your show better than the show before?
I think the standard of the show is at its peak and the intention is to maintain the standard as well as improving the areas where I feel there is a need.
- What has been the most memorable moment for you working at Sabras Radio?
I have two great moments. The first one is when I was sent to New Delhi to relay a live broadcast on the occasion of India celebrating its 50 years of independence. This was over a period of two days which was in 1997. The following year in 1998, I was sent to Bombay to do a live broadcast for a period of four days as to how the people of Bombay celebrate Diwali.
- If you were to name one person for giving you the push to where you are now in life, who would that be?
The Quirky Qs!
- Your star sign?
Gemini (30th May)
- If someone was to play you in the story of your life, who would you want that to be?
- Which famous person would you like as your neighbour?
- If you were to go back in history, who would you like to meet?
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- Your ultimate child memory?
Playing in the rain
- Who would you like to trapped in a lift with & why?
My shadow! Perhaps it will take me back in time…
- What’s the one characteristic you admire in others?
- If you were to choose to lose one of your five senses, which would you lose?
My sixth sense – it always makes me think one step ahead!
- Which exotic location would you most like to go to?
Goa - my favourite destination.
- What is your favourite food(s)/drink(s)?
Vodka and Diet Coke with Lemon and Ice
- What is your favourite movie?
The Great Escape, GUIDE and Mughal-E-Azam
- Who is your favourite actor/actress?
Sidney Poitier and Dev Anand
- If not a radio presenter, then?
Film & TV News
Bollywood News | Latest Bollywood News | Bollywood Celebrity News | Todays Entertainment Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama
Bollywood News: Bollywood News and Latest Bollywood News from Bollywood Hungama. Latest Bollywood Celebrity News, Entertainment News, Upcoming Bollywood Movies News 2021, Released List of New Bollywood movies. Get latest Current Bollywood News, Bollywood Movie News 2021, Today News, Movie Reviews, Latest Movie Trailers, Latest Parties and Celebrity News at Bollywood Hungama.
Taapsee Pannu is all smiles at the special screening of Blurr for the visually impaired
The makers of director Ajay Bahl’s Blurr held a special screening of the film for the visually impaired. The film is about the death of a blind girl and its investigation by her twin sister, who is also gradually losing her eye-sight. The role of both the sisters is played by Taapsee Pannu while the film also stars Gulshan Devaiah. As per the makers, the special invitees enjoyed the film as well as the performances of Taapsee and Gulshan. Along with the two actors, the screening was also attended by the film’s producer Vishal Rana. Sharing his experience of the event, Vishal said in a statement, “It was a matter of great joy to share our film with such a special audience. What won my heart is that they genuinely enjoyed the movie and shared their honest thoughts about it.” The event also saw Taapsee, Gulshan and Vishal share a selfie with the audience after the screening. Taapsee has starred in quite a few mystery movies in the last few years, which include, Badla, Game Over, Haseen Dilruba, Looop Lapeta and Dobaaraa. Produced by Zee Studios, Outsiders Films and Echelon Productions, Blurr will be streaming on Zee5 from December 9. Also Read: Blurr trailer: Taapsee Pannu is desperate to uncover her twin sister’s death before losing her eyesight in this thriller