Leicester to continue with lockdown restrictions
People in Leicester and its outlying areas are to be asked to continue to follow stricter lockdown restrictions for at least two weeks, and non-essential shops will be asked to close.
This means the city’s bars, restaurants and hairdressers will not open on 4th July as planned, and shops that were allowed to open on 15th June will have to close again from Tuesday (30 June).
The changes will also apply to parts of Leicestershire close to the city’s boundaries. Leicestershire County Council and Public Health England are working on the detail of this.
All schools in the area identified will be asked to close for most pupils from Thursday (2nd July) and will not reopen until next term. More information will be shared with parents on Tuesday, 30th June.
The changes will require new legislation to be drafted before they can be implemented.
The Government has said these measures must be taken in Leicester following a surge in cases in the east of the city over the past two weeks. They will be reviewed two weeks after implementation.
City Mayor Sir Peter Soulsby met with Health Secretary Matt Hancock and other officials on Monday to discuss the latest data and actions needed.
Sir Peter said: “These measures are stricter than we anticipated but we understand the need for firm action. I am determined that we will make this work and to minimise the time these additional measures need to be in place in the city.
“We will of course continue to play our part in keeping people in the city safe and healthy.”
The latest figures obtained by the city council show that 3,216 Covid-19 cases have been confirmed in Leicester since the start of the epidemic. Of these, 944 cases were reported in the last two weeks.
These figures include the number of patients and staff testing as positive in hospitals, known as Pillar 1 figures, and positive cases identified in testing centres, known as Pillar 2.
The council did not previously have access to the Pillar 2 data, but this is now being provided on a weekly basis.
Leicester currently has three mobile testing sites in the city in Evington, Spinney Hill Park and Victoria park, and a more permanent facility on the edge of Leicester at the Birstall park and ride site. An indoor testing centre is due to open on Tuesday (30 June) at the Highfields Community Centre, and further testing sites are planned.
The city council is now reviewing its plans to extend the opening of its own buildings such as libraries, museums and children’s centres.
The council asked the Government for more detailed information after its own public health team noticed a surge in the number of people testing positive in the city.
The city council was provided with detailed testing information for the first time on Thursday (25 June), one week after the Secretary of State Matt Hancock announced that there was a local outbreak in Leicester.
Anyone in Leicester who has symptoms, or thinks they have been in contact with someone who has, can book a test at nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119.
People in Leicester are being advised to stay at home if they can, to maintain two metre social distancing, ensure good hand hygiene and to strictly limit their contact with others from outside their own household.
Anyone who thinks they have symptoms should stay at home along with the rest of their household until they have been tested. Anyone who tests positive should stay at home for seven days, and members of their household should stay at home for 14 days.
Film & TV News
Bollywood News | Latest Bollywood News | Bollywood Celebrity News | Todays Entertainment Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama
Bollywood News: Bollywood News and Latest Bollywood News from Bollywood Hungama. Latest Bollywood Celebrity News, Entertainment News, Upcoming Bollywood Movies News 2021, Released List of New Bollywood movies. Get latest Current Bollywood News, Bollywood Movie News 2021, Today News, Movie Reviews, Latest Movie Trailers, Latest Parties and Celebrity News at Bollywood Hungama.
Ranbir Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor fly to Mauritius for Luv Ranjan’s upcoming romantic comedy film
Ranbir Kapoor, who recently caught the internet off guard after wife Alia Bhatt announced her pregnancy news, has reportedly flown to Mauritius with co-star Shraddha Kapoor for upcoming, untitled romantic-comedy film by Luv Ranjan. According to a report in an outlet, the actor and Shraddha will be shooting in Mauritius until the first week of July and then Ranbir will get busy with Shamshera’s promotional campaign. The director Luv plans to shoot a few important sequences of his film in specific locations for which he thought Mauritius was best. After first week in July, Ranbir returns to Mumbai for Shamshera promotions. Earlier in March, the makers had officially announced the release date of the film. “Luv Ranjan’s untitled next featuring Ranbir Kapoor & Shraddha Kapoor will release in cinemas on Holi, March 8, 2023! Produced by Luv Ranjan and Ankur Garg, presented by Gulshan Kumar and Bhushan Kumar,” read the note posted on Luv Films’ official Instagram handle. Meanwhile, Ranbir Kapoor also has Ayan Mukerji’s Brahmastra, Sandeep Reddy Vanga’s Animal with Rashmika Mandanna and Shamshera alongside Vaani Kapoor and Sanjay Dutt. Shraddha, on the other hand, has Chaalbaaz in London and Nagin in her pipeline. Also Read: Ranbir Kapoor loves these two Bollywood movies and they have Raj Kapoor and Shah Rukh Khan connection