Name: Kash Kumar
Show: The 6-2-8 Show
Time: Weeknights at 18:00
The Serious Qs!
- How did you start your radio career?
My radio career started in 1993 with Radio Festival doing the breakfast show & 1994 Rhythm Radio doing the drive time show both being RSL stations. During this period it had made a huge impact for the Leicester listeners & Asian radio in whole. It was during this time that I was able to create my very own style of broadcasting and many of the features are now embedded on ‘The 6-2-8 Show’ on Sabras! Remember there was no social media to boost up the ego, one had to be creative, professional and do some real ground work!
- What can listeners expect from your radio show?
The 6-2-8 show is a prime time show. Light entertainment for the evenings.
My features in part one of the show include traffic & travel updates, business, politics & financial updates.
My weekly Hit-lister song a competition and where one lucky listener will get a live call from me.
A big feature is ‘What’s Cooking in Your Kitchen?’ where the listeners can contribute their evening cooking tips!
In part 2 of the show a competition continues with an update of the days sports headlines & at 7:25pm a quick look at the events diary & from 7:30pm a very special feature to slow down the evening with ‘Love in the City’ 30 minutes of the finest love tunes! Wednesday is my retro jukebox playing the finest 70s & 80s songs & a singing competition. Thursdays special feature is a listeners choice of one favourite Ghazal song to be played in part two of the show. Friday is the legend hour with Amitabh Bachchan at 7pm although this alternates with other legends periodically.
- What’s the one thing that drives you in making your show better than?
The listeners are the ones that make my show a success, so each show to me is like my first ever show making it a memorable experience
- What has been the most memorable moment for you working at Sabras Radio?
Too many special moments as I have covered many shows from weekends to weekdays
Memorable moment for me is when a listener calls to tell me they love my voice or for that matter I bring back their child hood memories through the music I play or they have to have to talk to me before I finish my show.
- If you were to name one person for giving you the push to where you are now in life, who would that be?
I am where I am in life & in this world because of my dear late parents. Saying that, I give my wife all the credit for always pushing me to live my dreams.
The Quirky Qs!
- Your star sign?
- If someone was to play you in the story of your life, who would you want that to be?
My life is complicated!
- Which famous person would you like as your neighbour?
- If you were to go back in history, who would you like to meet?
- Your ultimate child memory?
Growing up in the 70s with no care in the world & where everything was so innocent!
- Who would you like to be trapped in a lift with & why?
Too scary to even think about!!
- What’s the one characteristic you admire in others?
- If you were to choose to lose one of your five senses, which would you lose?
- Which exotic location would you most like to go to?
Don’t like flying!
- If not a radio presenter, then?