Name: Kash Kumar
Show: The 6-2-8 Show
Time: Weekdays at 18:00
The Serious Qs!
- How did you start your radio career?
My radio career started in 1993 with Radio Festival doing the breakfast show & 1994 Rhythm Radio doing the drive time show both being RSL stations. During this period it had made a huge impact for the Leicester listeners & Asian radio in whole and it was during this time that I was able to create my very own style of broadcasting and many of the features are now embedded on ‘The 6-2-8 Show’ on Sabras! Remember there was no social media to boost up the ego, one had to be creative, professional and do some real ground work!
- What can listeners expect from your radio show?
The 6-2-8 show is a prime time tailor made light entertainment for the evenings.
My improvised features in part one of the show include traffic & travel updates, business & financial updates, my weekly hit-lister song, a Bollywood masti competition which ends 7.45pm where one lucky listener will get a live call from me.
Also every night a feature of ‘What’s Cooking in Your Kitchen?’ where the listener can contribute their evenings cooking tips!
In part 2 of the show the competition continues with an update of the days sports headlines & at 7.25pm a quick look at the events diary & from 7.30pm A very special feature to slow down the evening with ‘Love in the City’ 30 minutes of the finest love tunes!
- Wednesday is mid week retro night playing the finest 70s & 80s songs & a singing competition.
Thursdays special feature also includes choice of one listeners Ghazal choice song to be played in part two.
Friday is a magical evening of 70s & 80s retro songs including some of the best in disco songs & in part two rewind to some of the amazing Amitabh Bachchan retro film songs.
- What’s the one thing that drives you in making your show better than?
The listeners are the ones that make my show a success ,so each show to me is like my first ever show making it a memorable experience
- What has been the most memorable moment for you working at Sabras Radio?
Too many special moments as I have covered many shows from weekends to weekdays
Memorable moment for me is when a listener calls to tell me they love my voice or for that matter I bring back their child hood memories through the music I play or they have to have to talk to me before I finish my show.
- If you were to name one person for giving you the push to where you are now in life, who would that be?
I am where I am in life & in this world because of my dear parents.
The Quirky Qs!
- Your star sign?
- If someone was to play you in the story of your life, who would you want that to be?
My life is complicated!
- Which famous person would you like as your neighbour?
- If you were to go back in history, who would you like to meet?
- Your ultimate child memory?
Growing up in the 70s with no care in the world & where everything was so innocent!
- Who would you like to be trapped in a lift with & why?
Too scary to even think about!!
- What’s the one characteristic you like admire in others?
Modesty & Humility!!
- If you were to choose to lose one of your five senses, which would you lose?
- Which exotic location would you most like to go to?
- If not a radio presenter, then?
Osman Mir (Hindi)
Osman Mir joins Amber in Mid Morning Show
Osman Mir (Gujarati)
Gujarati star interviews
Pride of Gujarat - Osman Mir joined Rajni Davda on 'Gujarati Sabras'
Bollywood star interviews
Comedian Rajpal Yadav joined Amber on 'Mid-Morning Show' about his UK trip
TV star interviews
'Yeh Pyaar Nahi Toh Kya Hai' actress Palak Jain made her debut with Raj Baddhan on 'Drivetime'
Ninder Johal - Founder of Nachural, joined Raj Baddhan to talk about the Nachural Entrepreneurship Awards 2018
Bollywood star interviews
Bollywood star Kajol spoke to Rishi Modi about her upcoming film 'Helicopter Eela'